- This event has passed.
Saturday Woodland Adventures: Cowboys, Native Indians, Pocahontas
Sat 29 September, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm£7
Every other Saturday we are running a Saturday Nature club from 1.00pm to 3.00pm located at Childwall Woods LNR. and Blackwoods
Can choose to stay also: £6.00
If you drop off children: £7.00
The theme for this session (29th)is geared for both boys and girls.
Making a den, making Indian head dresses, making instruments from seeds, twigs,
Bush tucker, and face painting, camouflage and learning about woodland animal tracks.
Include fruit snacks and drink AND certificates.
All Sessions include some of the following with certain themes ;
- Life in deadwood and leaf litter there’s so much going on under your feet.
- Tracks, trails and camouflage,are you prepared to get dirty?
- Winter bird food,it’s messy but so important.
- Woodland adventure,getting to know your woodland.
- Nature detectives and woodland Olympics
- Bird boxes or insect homes,take them home and watch our flying friends hopefully raise a brood.
- Insect homes, take them home and help our bees and beetles.
- Ecology based Learning about the natural world from caterpillars to bats.
- Art and craft using natural materials and other materials, felt, eco paints.
- Tree planting and wildflower planting to help the nature reserves take bloom.
- Games, nature play.
Before October half term,we will be based outside. After October half term, we will then also use All Saints Hall situated next the woods.
Waterproof coat will be useful and sturdy footwear recommended.
We give every child a certificate and a paper bag with handouts.